Odle Creative Inc is owned and operated by Teresa Odle, ELS, an experienced communications professional and freelance writer and editor. Teresa has been certified by the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS) and has served as editor of a national medical journal and several national newsletters.
One of Teresa’s strengths is thoroughly researching complex topics to translate the information in plain language or for a specific audience. She has written and edited content for consumers, physicians and allied health professionals as web posts and pages, white papers, feature articles, research reports, peer-reviewed articles, continuing education products, and science encyclopedias.
Teresa also uses her science writing skills as an award-winning garden writer. She has been a member of the Association for Garden Communicators since 2008 and received GWA’s 2016 Gold Medal for best digital writing for her Gardening in a Drought blog. In 2018, she joined three fellow garden writers in launching Southwest Gardening.
- Certified by Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS).
- Member, American Medical Writers Association 1997 through 2014.
- Member, Association of Garden Communicators, 2008 to present.
- Item writing workshop training from national allied health registry.
- Web writing workshop.
- Completion of WordPress online course and certificates in website writing and design.
- Coursework in digital arts.
- Master gardener and National Plant Diagnostic Network first detector training
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, Arizona State University
Editing Style Experience
- Expert knowledge of American Medical Association Manual of Style (10th edition).
- Expert knowledge of Associated Press Style.
- Excellent knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style (14th edition).
- Working knowledge of American Psychological Association (APA) Style.
- Gold medal award for best digital (electronic) writing, Association for Garden Communicators, 2016
- President, Cimarron Chamber of Commerce, January 2000 – December 2001.
- Silver Quill Award, International Association of Business Communicators, District V.
- Debate and extemporaneous speaking awards.
- Radiology Business Management Association Publication Awards.
- Catch Me! and Change Leader Awards, Presbyterian Healthcare Services.
- Outstanding Donor Recruiter, United Blood Services.
- Professional Organization Leadership Positions.
For more information and recommendations, see Teresa Odle’s LinkedIn profile.